Y’all know I will add an unnecessary ingredient to make my food look dazzling. This is where the beet comes in. It doesn’t add any flavor except for a subtle, earthy tone underneath the flavors, but under al the toppings it’s basically unnoticeable. This recipe uses ingredients that were in my fridge at the time, but feel free to switch things up in the vegetable kingdom! Also, any type of bean will work for the base. Like I said, I had prepared adzuki beans in my fridge. Let me know what y’all think!
Note: This recipe uses a food processor. If one is not available for your use, the recipe can be created by mincing the vegetables and mashing the chickpeas to reach the desired consistency of the patties.
- 1 beet, roughly chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ purple onion, roughly chopped
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 3 cups adzuki beans (or any bean), cooked and strained
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a food processor, use the S-blade to mince onion, garlic, beet, and bell pepper
- In a large bowl, combine beans, oats, salt, and minced vegetables
- Mix ingredients with a spatula (or your hands if you’re feeling festive)
- Form mixture into patties and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Serve on burger patty or on top of salad