These patties are gorgeous. The deep purple color from the sweet potatoes will impress any audience and entice people to try the dish. They are also as delicious as they are beautiful, in my opinion. Try them and let me know what you think!
Note: this recipe uses a food processor. If one is not available for your use, the recipe can be created by mincing the vegetables and mashing the chickpeas to reach the desired consistency of the patties.
- 2-5 purple sweet potatoes (depending on size), chopped
- ½ purple onion, roughly chopped
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked and strained
- 1 ½ tsp. spice blend (I used thyme, coriander, cumin, and sea salt, though a curry blend would be wonderful)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Steam purple sweet potatoes and mash in a bowl
- In a food processor, use the S-blade to mince onion and garlic
- Add chickpeas and spices
- Pulse until well-blended
- Add chickpea mixture to sweet potatoes and mix
- Form mixture into patties and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Serve on burger patty or on top of salad